Music can express the things in such a way that we cannot express it with words. This is why we considered music as the greatest achievement of human creativity. But does it encourage one to create something? Truthfully, this is an important question to know because music has become such an essential part of our lives from the morning we wake up till the time we go to bed, we are always surrounded with music. Recent research shows that listening to music not only improves our mental well-being and boosts our physical health but also increase our productivity.
These are the 6 ways music can increase your productivity at workplace
1. Reduce Distractions
- There’s nothing more annoying than working on with an important report or piece of work, only to snap out of your focused frame of mind when a colleague comes to speak to you. Despite the fact that the music can also cause the same kind of effect. The difference is mood. Music can set your mood and actually increase the productivity if the right kind of music is played.
- You shouldn’t listen to just any type of music, though. Certain types of music could actually be more harmful than helpful. While listening to your favorite music is great, it can also be distracting. Especially, when you start singing along or even typing the words in the song in an email to a client.
2. Add a virtual “do not disturb” sign
- Of course, while you’re sat in your office, or any workplace for that matter, people will be coming by you, many of which will want to stop and chat, jeopardizing your productivity and focus. While listening to music can help you concentrate, simply putting on your headphones is a great way to let your coworkers know you’re in the zone and shouldn’t be disturbed. This helps you reduce a lot of the shoulder tapping that can prevent you from focusing on the work you need to get done. This is definitely more effective than putting a note on your door or saying out loud that “I am working and do not disturb me.”
3. Provides company in a quiet office
- Distractions are probably the biggest culprits when it comes to staying productive. Not all the workplaces are noisy place. Far From it. A workplace that’s too quiet can be just as distracting. Music can give us a little oasis of a company, so we don’t go all lonely and focus on our work.
4. Makes repetitive tasks more enjoyable
- One of the biggest causes of work-related stress is boredom because of the same repetitive task every single day. Music can make that all the repetitive copy paste kind of work more fun and increase our output. Take repetitive tasks like production line work or data entry as examples. A study by Mindlab International Ltd shows that music produces the fastest output, plus it helps to cut mistakes when compared to when not listening to music at all.
5. Brings out your creative side
- Music can also increase an employee’s creativity. The best strategy to boost creativity is to shuffle the music on your office playlist so that there’s an air of unpredictability in an otherwise predictable environment. Each time a new song comes up, it awakens one’s senses and provides a refreshing change to your existing ideas.
6. Speeds up your work
- With music oozing through you, all those endorphins firing you can turn into something like the Bradley Cooper from movie limitless. Music can definitely increase the pace of your work. Dr. Lesiuk’s research focuses on how music affects workplace performance. In one study involving information technology specialists, she found that those who listened to music completed their tasks more quickly and came up with better ideas than those who didn’t, because the music improved their mood. For intense and immersive work, which requires speed and leave no room for error, We recommend classical music. Because this type of music is ambient, listening to it is best for completing tasks that involve equations, accuracy and great attention to detail.
Even though at workplace listening music can increase our productivity, We want to be aware of our surroundings because we don’t want our boss to scold us for not answering him/her. So how can we do both the things simultaneously without disturbing others? We at WeHear, are developing a solution for you, A Bone Conduction Technology made headphones because of its open ear design and amazing sound quality, you can listen to the music at the same time being aware of the surroundings. Check it out here.
#musicmatters #headphones🎧 #headphonebluetooth #wehear #earbuds #earphone🎧 #wirelessheadphones #earphonebluetooth